4 Days of The Ultimate Masai Mara Flying Safari Tour
Best time to visit
Throughout the year
- Luxury tour – This tour uses a luxury tented camp.
- This tour starts and ends in Nairobi,
- Activities: Game drives and Hot air Balloon safari
- Game drives: Customized 4×4 safari vehicle
- Shared tour – This tour will be shared with other guests in the camp; exclusive private tours can be organised at extra cost.
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travellers – Solo travellers can book this private tour.
Flying to a mesmerising destination, the Masai Mara National Reserve. Set in the heart of Africa’s Great Plains in Kenya, the Masai Mara boasts 1,672 sq. kilometres of unspoilt wilderness. It offers the best game and bird-viewing not only in Kenya but anywhere in Africa.
Most stunning are the months between July and October when the savannah teems with animals during the Great Wildebeest Migration. Millions of wildebeest gather in the Masai Mara, one of the world’s natural wonders. It’s a place of natural drama, a kaleidoscope of colour and life.
Staying at Governors’ Camp puts you right in the heart of the action, closer than anyone else to its incredible sights and sounds. The Camp is Africa’s first permanent tented camp, remaining in its original site since 1972.
Nestled in the riverine forest along the winding banks of the Mara River, its waters teeming with bird life, hippos and crocodile. It is perfect for couples, families and friends who want to experience what a safari in the Masai Mara offers.
Start your exploring here
A bespoke experience created to maximized by adventure and luxury.
Day by Day
When you arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met and driven to Wilson Airport for your flight to Masai Mara. The flight takes around 45 minutes, and you fly over the scenically beautiful Great Rift Valley.
On arrival in the Masai Mara, it’s a short game drive en route to the camp before an al fresco lunch overlooking the Mara River. Embark on a thrilling afternoon game drive at around 15h30 and return at dusk for drinks and chatter around the campfire before dinner. Finally, fall asleep to the night-time chorus of the Masai Mara.
The Masai Mara is one of Kenya’s most sought-after game-viewing areas. The reserve itself covers 700sq miles of magnificent wilderness. It is the Africa of your imagination, with endless reaches of acacia-dotted grasslands studded with hazy hills.