Day Trip - Selous Day Safari Tour
Best time to visit
June to March
- This tour starts and ends in Zanzibar.
- Activities: Full Day game drive
- Private tour: This exclusive private tour and game drive won’t be shared.
- Departure/ Arrival: From Zanzibar at 07:00, arrival time in Selous at 08:00
- Departure/arrival: From Selous at 16:00, arrival time in Zanzibar at 17:00
- Can start any day – If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
- Can be customised – You can request changes to this tour.
NYERERE NATIONAL PARK – FORMALLY KNOWN AS SELOUS GAME RESERVE
A newly established Park is part of what is known as Selous Game Reserve, founded in 2019 and covering over 30,000 square kilometres, now the largest National Park in Africa.
Nyerere National Park is one of the largest conservation areas in the world and perhaps the most pristine wilderness remaining in Africa. It is not too much to say that nature in the park is at the same time rough and beautiful, barren and generous, but few people would deny that it was touching.
The environment is striking and diverse, a mass of labyrinthine watercourses framed by spectacular Borassus palms, ever-changing thickets, and a miombo savanna. Here roam the mightiest population of elephants in East Africa and the enormous buffalo to be seen anywhere on the African continent.
The park is the world’s most significant stronghold for the highly endangered wild dog and many lions, leopards, buffaloes, and hippos. Species commonly seen are elands, hartebeests, hyenas, giraffes, impalas, waterbucks and zebras.
The park has the most extensive range of safari activities, from Romantic Boat Safari along the Great Rufiji River, legendary fly camping trips, walking, and classic game driving in thriving wildlife areas.
Start your exploring here
A bespoke experience created to maximized by adventure and luxury.
In the morning, you will start your safari in Zanzibar, flying in a light aircraft to the Selous, one of Africa’s most significant game reserves. On arrival at Mtemere airstrip, you will be met by our driver guide for greetings and a briefing about your day trip tour plan.
You will start a safari game drive, sightseeing the game in the park, driving through the savannah and along the river and lakes. Game drives are the best way to explore giant games like elephants, buffaloes and predators like lions. In addition, the Selous is home to the largest population of wild dogs in Africa, which are a real highlight if you are lucky enough to encounter a pack.
At around noontime, your guide will stop for a picnic lunch in a stunning location with a clear park view of the park. Then you will continue to explore the African bushes before returning to the airstrip at around 16h00 for your scheduled flight back to Zanzibar.
- Return flight from Zanzibar
- Airstrip transfers
- All activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Safari vehicle
- Hot lunch
- Bottled water, all soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Park fees
- English-speaking driver-guide
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips – (Tipping highly recommended)
- Personal items – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees
Rates are per person, excluding the international flight from/to your home country.
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||CHILD (5-12)||CHILD (2-4)|
|$ 450||$ 420||$ 405||$ 395||$ 390||$ 300||$ 280|